Fort Lauderdale Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Recovering Compensation After a Florida Bicycle Accident
In 2015, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that
Florida has the highest rate of bicycle fatalities in the nation –
in fact, more than double the nationwide rate of .23 deaths per 100,000
people. Many of these accidents are due to preventable causes, including
driver error, unsafe intersections, and poorly maintained roads.
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident that you didn’t cause
and are struggling to pay your bills, you should know that you have legal
options. Turn to Kelley/Uustal to talk about your right to pursue compensation
for your accident-related losses, including medical bills, property damage,
lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Why Choose Kelley/Uustal to Represent You After a Bicycle Accident?
- Over 325 years of combined experience
- Hundreds of millions of dollars recovered
- Top-rated attorneys
- Free case evaluations
Speak with an attorney today about your potential case.
Protecting Your Rights After a Bicycle Accident
It is important that you know how to protect your rights after a bicycle
accident, especially if you have been seriously injured. You may be able
to seek compensation for the damages you have sustained by filing a
personal injury claim. In order to maximize your chance of success, there are certain
steps you must take in order to strengthen your claim.
Here are the steps you should take after a bicycle accident:
- Report the accident to the police and obtain a copy of the police report
- Avoid making any statements to the person who caused the accident and their
- Take the name and contact information of the other person involved and
- Take photos of any visible injuries or property damage
- Seek medical attention and keep documentation of your treatment
- Consult with a personal injury attorney ASAP
- When feasible, don’t repair or alter the bicycle until it can be
inspected by your attorney’s forensic team
The longer you wait to speak with a lawyer, the more you risk losing your
right to legal action due to the statute of limitations. With the vast
expense that comes with treating a serious injury, you should not delay
in seeking the financial compensation you need to put your accident behind
you. Kelley/Uustal is prepared to help you seek justice – call us
today to learn more about how our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys can help.
Contact our firm today to get started with a free case evaluation.