Can Seatbelts Malfunction?
Many people are unaware of the fact that seatbelts can malfunction. This can happen in one of many ways:
- Inertial forces on the buckle can cause it to pop open
- The belt material may tear
- They can unwind improperly, causing the occupant to slide through
- The buckle may improperly latch
If a vehicle occupant is ejected during a car accident, police officers and emergency room doctors are likely to assume that the victim was not wearing a safety belt. They habitually report this assumption even without investigating to see if it is, in fact, the truth. That is why it is important to involve an automotive expert who is specially trained to determine whether a seatbelt malfunction caused the victim to be ejected from the vehicle. The attorneys at Kelley/Uustal understand that time is critical in situations like these, and routinely work with experts to secure valuable physical evidence, including the vehicle and the seatbelt, as quickly as possible to allow a thorough investigation to take place.
At Kelley/Uustal, we are equipped to handle cases involving seatbelt defects, and we engage with world-class experts to help us determine if the equipment malfunctioned. With over 325 years of combined experience, we are confident in our ability to fight on your behalf against negligent manufacturers. Allow us to begin your case and work toward the compensation you need and deserve after an accident.
Why do I need an attorney?
When you are involved in an accident, taking legal action could be the least important thing on your mind. We understand that the pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost income can be causing you a lot of stress. This is why our Fort Lauderdale injury lawyers want to help you. We take care of the legalities of your case, using our Forensic Discovery Methodology to help find the right evidence, challenge any assumptions, and help you receive compensation so you can afford the expenses building up as a result of your injuries.
Our Forensic Discovery Methodology consists of several factors:
- We preserve and document all necessary evidence.
- We research and analyze the situation to best determine the cause.
- We use reverse engineering to cover every possible detail.
- We challenge any and all assumptions made regarding the accident.
- We consult with world-class experts in the field to gain a better understanding of the accident and any problems that may have caused it.
- We utilize evidence in your case, pushing to secure justice on your behalf.
This methodology has helped us achieve victory countless times, and now we want to do the same for you. Contact our firm for a free case evaluation, and we can explain your rights and options. Our main priority is looking out for your well-being from beginning to end, striving to safeguard you from any added stress and worry.