- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Nova Southeastern University
- Nova Law Review, Published Senior Staff Member
- Moot Court Honor Society, Member
- B.A., University of Arizona
Awards & Honors
Professional Associations & Leadership Activities
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2018-2019 term.
- Broward County Justice Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
Community Associations & Leadership Activities
Eric S. Rosen
Eric Rosen is a Florida Bar Board Certified civil trial lawyer and partner at Kelley Uustal.
As lead trial attorney, Eric has obtained over $80 million dollars in jury verdicts for his clients. In 2017, Eric was lead trial counsel in the landmark product liability case, Gentile v. Philip Morris, where the jury determined that Philip Morris – the number one cigarette manufacturer in the U.S. – engaged in fraudulent misconduct concerning the health effects and addictive nature of so called “light” and “low tar” cigarettes. The jury awarded the Gentile family $7.1 million in damages for the loss of Brenda Gentile, a wife and mother of four.
In 2016 as lead trial attorney, in Konzelman v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Eric obtained a $28.795 million dollar verdict in a wrongful death case against R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, the second largest cigarette manufacturer in the United States. That same year in Turner v. R.J. Reynolds Eric obtained a $13 million dollar verdict in a wrongful death case brought by the adult children on behalf of their deceased mother. In another wrongful death case, Martin v. Philip Morris USA Inc., Eric obtained a verdict in excess of $6 million dollars in a rare case where plaintiff was required to prove smoking caused the decedent’s heart disease.
Eric began his legal career at the Office of the State Attorney in Broward County, Florida. During his tenure as an Assistant State Attorney, Eric tried more than 20 criminal jury trials and countless bench trials. Eric left public service to pursue his interest in helping individuals who have been injured due to the carelessness of others.
Eric is also a graduate of the renowned Trial Lawyer’s College established by Gerry Spence; one of the country’s premiere trial lawyers. The Trial Lawyer’s College is an intensive three and a half week trial program held at Thunderhead Ranch in Dubois, Wyoming, where selected lawyers practice honing trial skills from voir dire to closing argument. Eric has also served on the faculty for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy where he has taught trial skills to lawyers around the country.
Since beginning his career, Eric has become a top-rated attorney who has been:
- Appointed to The Florida Bar, 17th Judicial Circuit, Grievance Committee “A.” (Term: 2016 – 2019)
- Served on Board of Directors for Young Lawyers Section of the Broward County Bar Association (2012 – 2016)
- Served as Co-chair of the Broward County Bar Association Trial Section (2011)
- Selected to Florida Super Lawyers® Rising Stars List (2012 – 2016)
- Named “Florida Legal Elite Up and Comer” by Florida Trend magazine (2011)
Eric currently serves as President for the Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, 2018-2019 term.
As a proven trial attorney in Fort Lauderdale, Eric dedicates his practice to the areas of personal injury, products liability, tobacco litigation, class action litigation, and wrongful death.