Professional Associations & Leadership Activities
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy Fellow, Class IV
- TJ Reddick Bar Association, Secretary
- Broward County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Section, Board of Director
- Inn of Court, Susan Aramony Scholarship Recipient
- Urban League of Broward County’s Young Professional’s Network, Vice President
- New Leaders Council Fellow, Class IV
- Broward Young Democrats, Board of Directors
- Priority One Credit Union, Advisory Board Member
- Volunteer Guardian ad Litem
- Piney Grove Boys Academy, Advisory Board Member
“I’ve spent the major part of my life fighting for the underdog. My life experiences have taught me that justice is served when victims are made whole. It is an honor to continue this fight against big corporations on behalf of my clients.”
Trust Our Skilled Advocate
Josiah is a personal injury and wrongful death litigator who has been described by many colleagues as “a natural in the courtroom.” In the year 2017, Josiah sat as co-counsel in two trials against the world’s largest tobacco companies and assisted in securing verdicts in excess of $7,000,000.
Mr. Graham graduated from the University of Central Florida (UCF), where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and minored in Legal Studies. He later attended and graduated from Florida State University College of Law, during which time he was Secretary and Tryout Chair of the Mock Trial team. During the school’s annual Wayne Hogan Intramural Mock Trial Competition, Mr. Graham competed against more than 20 of his peers and won the Best Advocate Award. He also served as the Captain of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) Mock Trial team. During the yearly National BLSA Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, his team competed against hundreds of law students from around the United States, including Harvard, University of Washington School of Law, and Washington and Lee University School of Law. His team placed 1st in the country, and Josiah Graham received the Best Advocate Award.
After graduation, he returned to Fort Lauderdale to begin a career as a prosecutor at Broward County State Attorney’s Office. He advocated on behalf of thousands of victims throughout the community and tried more than 30 jury and non-jury trials.
- Assistant State Attorney for the Office of the State Attorney, 17th Judicial Circuit
- Legal Clerk for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Summer Associate for DeBeubien, Knight, Simmons, Matnzaris, and Neal LLP
- Legal Clerk for the Department of Children and Families
His work experience has granted him the ability to creatively formulate trial techniques that specifically apply to each case, and experience with insurance defense, commercial litigation, shareholder rights and responsibilities, creditors rights, parental rights, and dependency petitions has made him a well-rounded attorney.