- J.D., Summa Cum Laude, Nova Southeastern University
- B.A., Florida Atlantic University
Awards & Honors
- Law Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Carrier Sarver Scholarship Recipient
Professional Associations & Leadership Activities
Community Associations & Leadership Activities
Maxwell H. Sawyer
“There is nothing better in life than helping other people when they truly need it. As an attorney, I have that opportunity every day. That is why I love what I do.”
As a member of the Kelley | Uustal trial team, Max is committed to representing victims who have been traumatically injured by the negligence or misdeeds of others. He is passionate about protecting the rights of his clients and relentlessly pursuing justice.
Prior to joining the firm, Max served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Melanie G. May at the Fourth District Court of Appeal. During his clerkship he reviewed and analyzed appellate briefs, conducted extensive legal research, and drafted written memoranda on a variety of procedural and substantive issues in civil and criminal cases.
Max attended Nova Southeastern University Law School, where he achieved the following accolades:
- Graduated second in his class
- Selected by his peers to be the student commencement speaker at graduation
- Earned the Book Award for the highest grade in 10 classes
- Competed against over 100 of his peers and won the 1L Feinrider Moot Court Competition
- Placed as a finalist at the 2016 Herbert Wechsler National Moot Court Competition
- Served as a member of the Nova Law Review, Nova Moot Court Society, and Nova Trial Association
After law school, as a result of his high achievement on the Florida Bar Exam, Max was selected and honored to speak on behalf of the newly admitted lawyers at the Fourth District Court of Appeal Induction Ceremony to the Florida Bar.
Max was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He is a sixth-generation Floridian and a third-generation attorney. When he’s not advocating on behalf of his clients, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughter, scuba diving, and watching sporting events.