- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- MBA, University of Miami
- B.A., Cum Laude, Hofstra University
Professional Associations & Leadership Activities
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Florida Justice Association – Member
- Miami Dade Justice Association – Member
- Broward County Justice Association – Member
- Diveheart Foundation – Board Member
- Divebar – Founding Board member
- Licensed Captain – United States Coast Guard
- Certified Open Water Scuba Instructor – PADI
- Certified Dive Master – PADI
- Certified Adaptive Scuba Instructor -Handicapped Scuba Assoc. and Diveheart
- Certified EFR Instructor (Emergency First Responder)
Michael R. Kaufman
“Fighting for and achieving justice, on behalf of patients or grieving families, have been the most rewarding experiences of my life. As the son of a very conscientious physician, I appreciate the importance of holding irresponsible doctors and others accountable.”
With more than 34 years of experience, Attorney Michael R. Kaufman exclusively represents personal injury victims and families who have suffered the loss of loved ones in serious accidents. With a diverse background in general tort litigation, Michael has established a strong legal portfolio, including successful verdicts and settlements in medical malpractice cases and complex personal injury law.
His successful ability to resolve cases by settlement or verdict against physicians, hospitals, and other wrongful parties is largely due to his talents for:
- Deciphering voluminous medical records
- Understanding medical terminology
- Possessing knowledge regarding anatomy and diseases
Michael was born and raised in South Florida and is deeply rooted in the local community. He remains involved with local and national charitable organizations, promoting programs that enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities. He dedicates time and resources to adaptive SCUBA programs, statewide, nationally and internationally. He currently serves on the board of directors of Diveheart and DiveBar, two 501(c) organizations supporting scuba therapy for the physically and cognitively challenged. He and his wife Maryln, a retired pediatric nurse, have been married for more than 30 years. They have 3 adult sons residing in South Florida.
Prior to joining Kelley/Uustal as a Fort Lauderdale trial attorney, Michael was a founding partner of a well-known and prestigious personal injury law firm for approximately 17 years. In more recent years, he has co-counseled with Attorney Robert Kelley on four cases, successfully recovering approximately $22 million on behalf of their mutual clients. This professional relationship led Michael to join the Kelley/Uustal legal team in 2013.
Have more questions about how Attorney Kaufman can provide you with the top-notch legal representation you need as a personal injury victim? Please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible.