- B.S., Texas Christian University
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
Peter K. Spillis
Attorney Peter Spillis has more than 20 years of experience in high-stakes civil trial work, much of it as defense counsel, where he worked with some of the largest insurance companies in the world. In 2014, he joined Kelley | Uustal, where he now uses his insight and experience with the insurance industry to help protect the rights of individuals and families who have been catastrophically injured or killed.
Mr. Spillis has tried dozens of cases to verdict over the years, ranging from multi-million dollar injury and death cases involving medical malpractice, product liability, and vehicular accidents to complex commercial and class-action cases.
Attorney Peter Spillis has received numerous awards and recognition from peers and organizations alike, including:
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® – the highest rank awarded by the national rating agency
- Named 2010 “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine
- Recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide from 2012 through 2018
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in 2017 and 2018
- Named finalist by Daily Business Review for Most Effective Lawyer of 2016
Mr. Spillis proudly serves as a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only national organization dedicated to the promotion of professionalism and the preservation of the right to trial by jury. In 2012, he served as the President of the Miami Chapter of ABOTA. In addition, Mr. Spillis has been elected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, where membership is limited to less than 0.5% of American Lawyers.
Mr. Spillis has been heavily involved in civic and charitable organizations in South Florida throughout his career. He has been an active member of the Orange Bowl Committee since 2008.
Contact Kelley | Uustal to speak with Attorney Spillis about your case.