Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft have become very popular in recent years as an easy and convenient way to get a ride. However, as with any taxi or ride-sharing service, there is an element of risk involved in accepting a ride from someone when you are unfamiliar with his or her driving abilities. If you were involved in an accident with a ride-share driver, would you know who would be responsible for paying damages? Would you know how, and with whom, to file a personal injury claim?
When you need help navigating this new area of the law, turn to Kelley | Uustal. Our team of experienced Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys provide comprehensive representation for those who have been injured in car accidents. Our team has the experience necessary to represent car accident victims and have achieved an exemplary track record of successful results.
What Makes an Uber Accident Different?
Accidents with rideshare drivers are very different from a typical car accident due to the following:
- Ride-sharing drivers rely on GPS navigation applications that can take their focus off the road, which increases the likelihood of an accident.
- Just about anyone with a car, a driver’s license, and auto insurance can become a ride-share driver. This means that you may be transported by someone with little to no experience driving passengers around for hours at a time.
- There are differences in insurance coverage as well. Drivers carry two types of auto insurance when working for a rideshare service: their personal insurance, for off-duty use, and additional liability coverage that may be activated when the Uber/Lyft app is turned on or while you are a passenger in the vehicle. It is critical to work with a lawyer who can ensure that your claim(s) are submitted to the appropriate insurance carriers in a timely manner to maximize your chances of a fair payout.
Why Choose Kelley | Uustal Personal Injury Attorneys?
We understand that car accident claims can be confusing, which is why our team of Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys are available to assist you with every step of the process. Whether you need help filing a claim with the appropriate parties or you need guidance after having your claim denied, our team is ready to step up and advocate on your behalf. With extensive experience handling insurance claims, we know what it takes to maximize the value of your claim and resolve your case favorably. Our top-rated legal team is available to review your case for free. Request your case evaluation today and pay no legal fees until we win your case.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars recovered
- More than 325 years of combined experience
- You pay nothing unless we win your case
- We have been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers® magazine
- Complimentary, risk-free case evaluations
- Unparalleled customer service