Nursing home abuse is one of the worst things that could happen to your elderly loved one. You might have put your relative in a nursing home to ensure his or her safety among trained nurses and other skilled professionals…only to suspect nursing home abuse. The moment you have these suspicions, contact the Florida nursing home abuse attorneys at Kelley | Uustal. Our lawyers can investigate the situation, help your loved one relocate to a safe place and represent your family during a lawsuit against the nursing home facility.
Why Choose Kelley | Uustal?
- Our trial lawyers have gone to court many times in pursuit of recovery for our personal injury clients. We are not afraid to take cases to trial, if necessary.
- Our attorneys put in hours of hard work on every case. We are fully dedicated to each client that comes to us for help.
- Our firm is unique in its commitment to client success. We are willing to sacrifice our time and energy if it will help the client achieve a fair outcome.
- Our firm helps make legal representation affordable for every family by offering its services on a contingency fee basis. You will not pay unless we win.
Why You Need a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Nursing home abuse is a serious crime that should not go without legal repercussions. Hiring a lawyer strengthens your civil case against the nursing home or one of its staff members. It can help ensure you or your loved one gets the compensation you need to move forward after suffering nursing home abuse. While the city will prosecute for criminal charges, it is up to you to pursue civil charges. You can do so more easily with help from a nursing home abuse lawyer.
Common Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse of any kind can affect an elderly victim mentally, physically and emotionally. It could also drain the individual’s financial resources if he or she is the victim of elderly financial exploitation. At Kelley | Uustal, we represent victims of all types of nursing home abuse and neglect.
- General resident neglect
- Failure to fulfill basic needs
- Physical abuse
- Violence against residents
- Verbal abuse
- Mental or psychological abuse
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Financial exploitation
Many nursing home abuse victims suffer multiple types of abuse simultaneously. Abusers often combine types of abuse to get what they want, such as using physical violence to intimidate a victim into giving away assets. The signs of nursing home abuse can range from physical injuries and strange bruises to the victim seeming withdrawn or depressed. Seek help from a lawyer as soon as you notice potential red flags for nursing home abuse.
It may be possible to recover financial compensation for nursing home abuse in Florida. Although a compensation award will not reverse the damages you or a loved one suffered at the hands of an abusive nursing home facility, it could ensure future financial stability. A successful claim could yield recovery for many different damages.
- The costs of medical care and treatments for abuse-related injuries
- The costs of emotional or psychological therapies
- Damages such as lost quality or enjoyment of life due to abuse
- Emotional suffering or mental anguish from abuse
- Restitution for lost money or assets due to financial abuse
The compensation award for a victim of nursing home abuse in Florida could reach into the thousands. The value of the case will depend on the severity of the victim’s injuries and various losses. Discuss the potential worth of your nursing home abuse case during a free consultation at our local law firm.
If you or a loved one has suffered physical, emotional or financial damages due to nursing home abuse in Florida, contact Kelley | Uustal. Our experienced nursing home abuse lawyers can review your legal options and help you take the first steps toward obtaining justice and financial relief.